[SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] looking for Love Rats
'Jean Richardson' jean@azuregate.net [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]
2016-12-09 19:04:36 UTC
There was a CST in the world who was recommending Love Rats as a
squeaker/attention getter for teams to use when someone was ratholing. It
struck me as strange when I first heard about it, but I've found these guys
are really handy in helping team members who can't get a word in edgewise to
make their observations clear. My rat supply is gaspingly low, and I see
they've been discontinued.

Anyone know of another supplier or have a rat or two they'd like to re-home?
I've got some change burning a hole in my pocket . . .

--- Jean

Jean Richardson

Azure Gate Consulting

~ Repatterning the Human Experience of Work

AzureGate.net

(503) 788-8998

***@AzureGate.net
Pierre Neis | We&Co pierreneis@gmail.com [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]
2016-12-10 08:42:55 UTC
Curious, in my jargon, rats are:

RATS

▾ They are deceiver types who will use the trust of the team to gain insight into topics so they can then “rat” on what is going on to others.

▾ Often on Agile teams, they are really deceivers because they are really anti-Agile or just plain negative people.

▾ They often know the decisions that are made based on certain contexts that the team is in, but will twist the truth in order to bring the project down.

▾ It is important to identify these deceivers as quickly as possible and get them off the team.

PierreNEIS
Senior Lean Agile Coach | Associate
M: +352 / 661 727 867
UK: +44 / 203 239 52 60
wecompany.me | You can book me
There was a CST in the world who was recommending Love Rats as a squeaker/attention getter for teams to use when someone was ratholing. It struck me as strange when I first heard about it, but I’ve found these guys are really handy in helping team members who can’t get a word in edgewise to make their observations clear. My rat supply is gaspingly low, and I see they’ve been discontinued.
Anyone know of another supplier or have a rat or two they’d like to re-home? I’ve got some change burning a hole in my pocket . . .
--- Jean
<image001.jpg>
AzureGate.net <http://azuregate.net/>
(503) 788-8998
'Jean Richardson' jean@azuregate.net [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]
2016-12-12 18:11:51 UTC
Interesting. I’ve never seen this before. I think I’d be very hesitant to refer to a team member as a rat.

Do you have a source for the item below?

* Jean

wecompany.me <http://wecompany.me> | You can book me

Actually Scrum Coach for S4HANA/Hybris Billing @ SAP SE

On 9 Dec 2016, at 20:04, 'Jean Richardson' ***@azuregate.net <mailto:***@azuregate.net> [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT] <***@yahoogroups.com <mailto:***@yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

There was a CST in the world who was recommending Love Rats as a squeaker/attention getter for teams to use when someone was ratholing. It struck me as strange when I first heard about it, but I’ve found these guys are really handy in helping team members who can’t get a word in edgewise to make their observations clear. My rat supply is gaspingly low, and I see they’ve been discontinued.

Anyone know of another supplier or have a rat or two they’d like to re-home? I’ve got some change burning a hole in my pocket . . .

--- Jean

<image001.jpg>

Jean Richardson

Azure Gate Consulting

~ Repatterning the Human Experience of Work

<http://azuregate.net/> AzureGate.net

(503) 788-8998

<x-msg://18/Documents%20and%20Settings/lisa/My%20Documents/CLIENT%20FILES/Jean%20Richardson/***@AzureGate.net> ***@AzureGate.net
George Dinwiddie lists@idiacomputing.com [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]
2016-12-12 18:55:49 UTC
Certainly "rat" has a connotation from American gangsters during
prohibition. (See
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/rat) Slang usage
of "rathole" is quite different, however. (See
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/rathole) Speaking
of ratholing doesn't imply there's a rat in the room.

That said, I've been in groups where we used a stuffed squirrel (See
http://amzn.to/2gRQvQz) to get us back on topic. The squirrel, of
course, is a well-known distraction. (See

Such symbolic emblems, when used with good nature, are great for helping
a group stay on track in their meetings.

- George
Post by 'Jean Richardson' ***@azuregate.net [SCRUMDEVELOPMENT]
Interesting. I’ve never seen this before. I think I’d be very hesitant
to refer to a team member as a rat.
Do you have a source for the item below?
n Jean
2016-12-12 22:34:38 UTC
George! Thanks for the suggestion. Squeaky squirrels are much easier to find and less creepy for some. I’ll go squirrel hunting, um, as it were . . .

http://youtu.be/SSUXXzN26zg